At our last session (Tues 13th July) there was a consensus for taking a walk.
Therefore at our next session (Tues 20th July 6pm) we will go for this walk.
There were various options for walking, some of the choice ingredients for the sort of walk we wish to take include:
- Purposeful/purposeless (do we have a destination, or do we change direction ‘at random’, but as a group).
- Where is the collective? (do we choose a location together, or individually. Do we go to that location individually, or as a group? Is the interest in going together, experiencing together, or reacting together?
- Aleatory (randomness) concerns. Do we select a destination, or do we choose at random (throw of the dice etc)?
The discussion selected 1. Purposeful (prefixed destination), 2. Collectively (travel as a group) 3. Destination chosen at random.
All of these selections will be re-discussed at the session.
The actual process of the Walk will be formed from the actual Walking. However, some considerations that can be made (or discarded) include:
- Should we appropriate found objects into our Walk; should we return with them?
- Should we produce artefacts from the process; should they be audio, visual, physical, memorial?
- Should we be making deliberative movements and actions; should we avoid deliberation?
- How does our status change in relation to those around us and the spaces we inhabit because of our intentions and actions?
- Is it immoral to enjoy walking (in non designated walking areas); what does it mean to ‘kill time’?
- Are we separating ourselves needlessly?
- What do we do when it rains?
(If you have any more, please add them)
(The video below is a discussion about what it is acceptable to do where, when and to whom in our current society. Background material to accept or reject.)